List of active policies
This privacy statement relates to user accounts created on this site.
Privacy and personal data
The VLE values your privacy. In order to provide the User with access to the open learning virtual training platform, personal information about the User is collected and stored on this website.
What personal data do we process?
This VLE handles the data provided when creating a User Account on this site, such as name and email. email address. Data on the User's activities on the Website, including any User contribution, is also collected.
How is this information used?
This information is used only to provide access to open trainings on this site.
How long is my data stored?
The user's personal data is stored as long as the account is active in this VLE, i. y. as long as this site is used or until the intended end of the training / course.
I. Description of the Open Learning Virtual Learning Environment Service
open.ktu.edu is an open Virtual Learning Environment (hereinafter - VLE) - for the provision of educational content and open content. VLE helps to better integrate formal and non-formal learning scenarios, and also makes users of this environment more motivated to take responsibility for their own learning outcomes.
II. Policy coverage (for whom this document is intended)
- data subject - means a natural person whose personal data are collected, stored or processed (see also the definition of user below);
- data controller - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data, where the purposes, conditions and means of processing are laid down in Union or member state law;
- processor - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
- personal data - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more specific physical, physiological, mental, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics of that person;
- processing of personal data - means any operation or operations carried out on personal data by automated or non-automated means, such as collection, recording, sorting, storage, adaptation or modification, reproduction, retrieval, use, disclosure, transmission, distribution or other making available; as well as comparison or merging, blocking, deleting or destroying;
- supervisory authority - means the independent public supervisory authority established by a member state in accordance with Article 51 (Reg. UE 679/2016); (Reg. UE 679/2016);
- „third party" - means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body, other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and persons directly authorized by the controller or the processor to process personal data;
- website - means an online resource accessible through domain names;
- user or data subject - means an internet user of a website whose identity is known or can be directly or indirectly established.
Purposes and legal basisThe VLE collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes and on this legal basis:
- to give you access to and use of the VLE platform;
- to verify your identity, register, create and maintain your user account;
- to enable the use of the platform for security purposes to be monitored.
- KTU collects and processes personal data for the specified purposes and representing the interests of the data controllers directly concerned, based on the GDPR and with due regard for the legitimate interests of itself and other project participants.
- In fulfillment of contractual obligations: to provide access to a distance learning platform.
- Consent: when children are under the age of 16, personal data will be processed if and only to the extent that the consent has been given or authorized by the child's parents or guardian.
III. What personal data is collected?
In order to provide you with access to the VLE training platform, we have a legitimate basis for processing the following personal data about you:
- For registration and user account
- Role (Student or Teacher);
- Name or Alias (or Account Name);
- Email address;
- School / Institution and class / level;
- Photo or Video;
- Platform support and for security reasons
- IP address;
- Login time and date;
- Journal data;
- During login and use of the website
- IP address;
- Cookie information with navigation data on the website.
- For the issuance of an accredited in-service learning certificate
- personal identification number or date of birth
- certificate issued
IV. When and how do we share personal data?
If necessary, we may share your personal data with environmental authorities, who also follow the same provisions and adhere to the strictest security and data protection requirements to ensure proper protection of your personal data.
Due to the collaboration features of the VLE platform, some personal data may be visible to other users of the platform.
V. Retention of personal data
Your personal data will be processed until you use the VLE platform or until the scheduled end of your studies. After this period, your personal data will become anonymous and will only be used for statistical calculations, unless you renew your consent to the processing of personal data while continuing the learning / study process.
To ensure the security of your personal data, we use the following tools:
- Minimizing the amount of personal data collected;
- Pseudo-anonymous personal data - edupersonTargetID;
- A firewall is used to prevent unauthorized external access;
- Controlled, restricted and controlled access to personal data;
- Backups and backups;
- Regular tests of the effectiveness of the tools used;
- Security and encrypted communication channels.
VII. Your rights
Under the GDPR (Article 15 et seq.), You have the following rights with regard to personal data:
- You have the right to request access to your personal data;
- You have the right to request correction of the information;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to data portability;
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information for one of the reasons set out in Article 17;
- You also have the following rights with respect to the data we process with your consent:
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing of personal data based on the consent prior to the withdrawal.
VIII. Complaints / Termination